Interested in 1-on-1 coaching?I can help you:
– Prioritize your tasks
– Organize projects
– Implement a project management system
– Improve effectiveness of your efforts
– Optimize your workflow
Click here to learn more…
Or, send me an email.
Today, Rob and I talk about how things are going after implementing the plans.
It is pretty amazing to see planning turn into action.
Before Rob started coaching he was admittedly overwhelmed at times.
Now, he has control on what happens – he did before, too, but it sure didn’t feel like it.
If you are just joining us, then you should catch up to get the background…
- Read Rob’s Success Story here.
- The first coaching session is here.
- The second session is here.
- The third session is here.
- The fourth session is here. This one has a bunch of free templates for niche sites.
We talk about the details of hiring and a couple lessons learned also. If you can’t watch the video right now, there are a few notes after the video.
Here are the notes from Rob:
- The screening questions were good because a lot of people don’t follow directions. You can cut the number of bad applicants fast.
- There is a $20 minimum for a gig on Elance so Rob had to adapt to that. It wasn’t a big deal.
- Three candidates were in the running and one dropped out almost right away.
- All the templates for this part of the workflow were used. Some of them needed to be tweaked and that could have only been discovered in use.
- Continuous improvement should always be in the back of your mind. It is a feedback loop…You just need to take a little time to make those improvements.
- Price range Rob expects to pay for content
- Basic amazon review / simple articles = $.01 – $.02 / word
- Research intensive / big article (“best” 2500 words) = $.03 – $.035 / word
- Key takeaway – going with new freelancers can be a huge money saver for a minor risk.
- Rob is mentioning that he gives good reviews and pays the writers for the trial job. I have used this strategy, too, and it works really well. Everyone wins.
Next up for Rob…
- Full niche site
- 20-25 articles
- 30,000 words of content
- Going to use Amazon templates for each type of article
- Split up niche site to multiple writers for quicker results
Do you need content…?
…but don’t want to deal with the hassle of hiring directly on oDesk or Elance?
Check out Copywriter Today – the writing service that offers unlimited articles each month.
Yes. That is right…unlimited fresh content.
The content is written by 100% US Based writers.
If you sign up through my affiliate link here, then you can get a 7 day trial for free to see how it works.
It is totally risk-free. I talked to the founder, Gabe Arnold since the offer sounded too good to be true.
Well, the offer is true…and they do a great job and have a solid system set up to ensure the highest quality.