This is a success story interview with my friend, Jo, a student of Five Figure Niche Site.. She’s been able to hit a new monthly high of $70 (in June 2018).
It’s great to see growth given the small number of posts — just 13!
- 1 What is your name and current job/profession?
- 2 How did you get started building niche websites? How long have you been building websites?
- 3 How did Five Figure Niche Site (FFNS) help you?
- 4 Tell us about one (preferred) or multiple of your successful websites.
- 5 How much money do you make from this successful website(s) each month?
- 6 What is the reason for this website’s success?
- 7 Please briefly share your overall strategy for finding a niche, getting traffic to your site, ranking in Google, and making money from niche sites.
- 8 Did you make any mistakes that you learned from? So we can avoid that mistake too…
- 9 What keyword tips can you offer?
- 10 What keyword tips can you offer?
- 11 What keyword tips can you offer?
- 12 How has the success with this website impacted your life?
- 13 Do you have any additional tips or advice for others that would like to replicate your success with their own websites?
- 14 Where can people find you & follow along with what you are doing? If you want people to follow along…
What is your name and current job/profession?
Jo, I’m from the TV broadcast industry.
How did you get started building niche websites? How long have you been building websites?
I started building websites for friends in 2010 and ventured out getting paid for them. I also have a locally based pay per lead website where I get a commission whenever I connect a student to a coach in the sports industry.
That website was doing okay until the industry got saturated and I have trouble keeping up with my competitors.
As for Amazon niche sites, I would say I officially started in April 2017 when I joined Five Figure Niche Site in March 2017.
How did Five Figure Niche Site (FFNS) help you?
Before I took FFNS I didn’t know much about KGR or formulas. I tried to rank popular keywords that have a lot of competition.
I did not have any formulas or real criteria to qualify my keyword phrases. I also didn’t know the best format to write for an Amazon review site.
After taking FFNS I learned how to choose the best keyword phrases with a moderate monthly search volume to get visitors to buy from my links.
My review articles are neater and easier on the eyes for potential Amazon buyers.
My results are:
- Out of my 10 initial articles, 7 are in the 1st page, 5 are ranked in the top 10.
- I have 2 keyword phrases in the 1st spot currently.
- My 1st earnings came in around September last year, 6 months after launching it. It was relatively quiet until December due to the Xmas period. Attached are the monthly earnings from Amazon and website traffic from Google Analytics.
Tell us about one (preferred) or multiple of your successful websites.
My FFNS Amazon website is something I grew to love. I do not have much experience in that niche but it fitted Doug’s criteria so I went for it.
I was considering another similar niche (which I have more interest) initially but it has lesser keywords that qualify for KGR.
However, with this small success, my next stage will be including this similar niche within the same website. I don’t think the 2nd niche will affect the rankings or traffic of the 1st niche as both are very similar.
How much money do you make from this successful website(s) each month?
The earning’s inconsistent for now but there’s always commission coming in. I hit my highest at $70 last month (June).
What is the reason for this website’s success?
I think the reason for the success is getting the right keyword phrases with Keyword Golden Ratio. I believe good content also plays a big part, hire good writers and always check their work.
Follow what was taught in FFNS and you will do fine.
My strategy is really what was described in FFNS, from choosing the keyword to getting links from guest posts, etc.
Doug’s Note: You can get a better idea of what Five Figure Niche Site covers with this outline of the Units and Schedule.
The Class Schedule
- Right Away – Unit 0 – Setting the Stage
- Week 1: Unit 1 – Selecting Your Niche 1: Keyword Research
- Week 2: Unit 2 – Selecting Your Niche 2: Competition Analysis, & Niche Selection
- Week 3: Action Week<<< (No new material so you can keep working on keyword research & competition analysis.)
- Week 4: Unit 3 – Setting Up Your Site
- Week 5: Unit 4 – Creating & Publish Content
- Week 6: Action Week 2 <<< (No new material so you can keep working on setting up your site & content.)
- Week 7: Unit 5 – Applying to the Amazon Associate Program
- Week 8: Unit 6 – Promotion, Outreach, and Link Building
- Week 9: Unit 7 – Scaling Up – Building More Sites
- Week 10: Unit 8 – Advanced Link Building
- Week 11: Unit 9 – Interviews with Successful Niche Site Owners
- Week 12: Unit 10 – Email List Building
- Week 12: Unit 11 – Beyond Amazon Associates: Other Affiliate Programs
- Week 12: Unit 12 – Six Figure Exit
Did you make any mistakes that you learned from? So we can avoid that mistake too…
Always check your writers’ works. I had this writer who wrote really well for the 1st article but subsequent articles weren’t as good and I had to edit a lot due to grammar errors.
2nd tip is to not spend too much time deciding on what theme looks best, just get the content out there to get traffic. You need time to be ranked on Google.
What keyword tips can you offer?
Keyword tips: Combine your KGR qualified keyword phrase with other comparison/buying phrases like “Top 10” or “Best” or “Best Budget for”
What keyword tips can you offer?
Content tips: Always research the content of your competitors ranking above you and add missing content to your own.
I had an article that ranked at 5 so I researched websites above me and found that I missed out certain topics that top 4 had. I added more words and after a few months, I was at the number one spot.
What keyword tips can you offer?
Link Building: Sign up for HARO (help a reporter out). This website links you with a reporter looking for a content provider and in return, they will link your website back to their article.
How has the success with this website impacted your life?
I believe that it is possible to have a work-from-home lifestyle but that belief was challenged due to multiple failures online for the past few years.
However, this FFNS website of mine is the only thing that is working out for me currently in my internet life. It has given me a sense of confidence that earning money online is possible if you work hard, be consistent and is focused.
Do you have any additional tips or advice for others that would like to replicate your success with their own websites?
Follow Neil Patel, he has great tips on content and link buildings.
Where can people find you & follow along with what you are doing? If you want people to follow along…
I have an IG account (instagram.com/kezel) but there are no tips on content or links buildings.
Feel free to follow me if you just want to know how someone from the other side of the world lives 🙂
Thank you, Doug, for this amazing sharing opportunity.