Section 5 of the Operating Agreement states you need to identify yourself as an Associate. Here is some standard text that is pretty common:
“[Insert your name] is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to [insert the applicable site name (amazon.com or whatever)].”
It’s best to display this text on every page that may have an affiliate link. You can include the text in the footer or the sidebar for example.
If you’re in the US and need to follow FTC rules, it’s best to say something like, “I make a commission if you use that affiliate link…” You should do that because not everyone knows what an affiliate link is. (I know it seems crazy to us since we’re geeking out on the affiliate marketing!)
Other Affiliate Niche Site Questions
- How Much Do Niche Sites Earn with Amazon Associates?
- How many posts do I need before I launch my niche site?
- How often should I post content for my site?
- Is it ok to publish multiple posts at once?
- Do you use other affiliate programs?
- Do you use Amazon images?
- Where should I put affiliate links?
- Do you cloak Amazon affiliate links?
- Do you use sidebars on your site?
- The Amazon Associate Report looks wrong or hasn’t been updated — what gives?