I have a slightly unhealthy habit of checking the Amazon Earnings Report each morning. I’m getting better about it.
Usually, the numbers are updated by around 6 AM MT and I can see the newly shipped items, plus the orders for the previous day. It is very exciting.
One morning, I checked and expected to see a grand total for the month over $10,500 at least. However, I was shocked to see a much lower earnings total!
Why Did This Happen?
Disclaimer: I can only speculate what is going on. I really do think this is a reporting issue. I have seen a few irregular reports before but nothing of this magnitude.
They usually occur in the morning of the US and the issues are gone by the afternoon. I also know that most major companies update software in the middle of the night on weekends to reduce the impact on customers and users.
It is likely, or at least possible, that Amazon had some backend system(s) update overnight and there are issues. Those are my best guesses.
What Am I Going To Do?
Nothing. I’ll just wait and check tomorrow. Amazon has really smart engineers so I’m assuming they’ll figure it out.
Other Affiliate Niche Site Questions
- How Much Do Niche Sites Earn with Amazon Associates?
- Can you make Full-Time Income with Amazon?
- How many posts do I need before I launch my niche site?
- How often should I post content for my site?
- How long should the content be on affiliate sites?
- Is it ok to publish multiple posts at once?
- Do you use other affiliate programs?
- Do you use Amazon images?
- Where should I put affiliate links?
- Do you cloak Amazon affiliate links?
- What is the Amazon Associate Disclaimer that I should use?
- Do you use sidebars on your site?
- The Amazon Associate Report looks wrong or hasn’t been updated — what gives?